Sports

Actor thinks comedy has no place in church The film producer

The film producer advocated that Christians should be more protective about their religion.
Mike Bamiloye

Nigerian actor and evangelist, Mike Bamiloye is not having it with comedians who use Christianity as a subject for their jokes.

Bamiloye, who is the founder of the Mount Zion Drama Ministry spoke against this practice via his YouTube page on Monday, December 12, 2016, Premium Times News reports.
He resented the fact that comedians who have been invited to church programmes make use of the scriptures to humour their audience.
“I want to address Christians – ALL denominations – this morning without prejudice!
“For a long while I have questioned the inclusion of COMEDY in Church events. What do I question? The fact that the comedians brought in are allowed to make jokes of scriptures, the Blood of Jesus, speaking in tongues, the throne of grace etc.’ AND WE SIT THERE LAUGHING!
“What are we laughing at? What is funny? Mocking God and Christ and the Holy Spirit and the Word is funny????
“We hear of other religions where they are obsessed with protecting the image of their Leader and we gleefully allow people to MOCK our Leader JESUS CHRIST and the Holy Spirit and thereby indirectly MOCKING GOD!!! They look at us with disdain because we are BAD AMBASSADORS of our faith!
“I was thinking of all this since Friday when a comedian was allowed in the stage at the EXPERIENCE to use a scripture in the Old Testament as foundation for his jokes! I LAUGHED also but later felt badly convicted and I said I will speak out – then this morning I received the message below in my Watsapp and I said – somebody feels the same way I do.
"So there it is: what is the stance you will take??? Join the revelers or stand against MOCKERY in the name of COMEDY in Church activities and events??? I have said my own!.”
Mike Bamiloye, who is one of the leading figures when it concerns Christian movies in Nigeria, has produced movies such as "Agbara Nla", "Perilous Times" and many more.
He is married to Gloria Bamiloye, who also features in his movies.

Post a Comment

0 Comments