Sports

PDP's ex-BoT chairman quits partisan politics

Chief Tony Anenih has announced his decision to quit active politics and retire to see Nigeria blossom.

Tony Anenih

The former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, Chief Tony Anenih, has announced his retirement from active politics.

Anenih called it quits with politics saying he has nothing else to prove as a politician.
The 83-year-old ex-minister announced his decision to retire from politics at the launch of his book entitled, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, in Abuja on Saturday, November 26, 2016.
He said: “I am persuaded that I have no more ambition nor any point to prove in politics. I am, therefore, glad to declare that, from today, I shall be withdrawing from active partisan politics,” he said.
“I shall, however, continue to avail the country of my experience, give suggestions and offer advice, as a statesman.
Speaking on the current state of the Nigerian economy, Anenih said: “I must not end this statement of gratitude without acknowledging the fact that our country is going through difficult times. It is a national predicament which we must confront in unity, irrespective of our partisan commitments, whether PDP, APC, AD or Labour,” he said.
“I, therefore, want to urge all Nigerians to persevere and hope for a better tomorrow. We must support and pray that God will give President Muhammadu Buhari the wisdom and vision to steer this country away from recession to prosperity,”‎ he said.
Aneni joined a list of top politicians, who retired from partisan politics after the loss of the PDP at the 2015 general elections.

Post a Comment

0 Comments